Thursday, January 3, 2008

Time to Make the Resolutions...

It's a new year, and I'm supposed to feel refreshed. I'm supposed to want to conquer the world with feats I wasn't able to accomplish last year. However, I think I've reached the age where I know what I want to do, and I know how to get there. But getting there is getting soooooo much harder.

For instance:
  • I know I want to lose 30 pounds. I've done it successfully before. Weight Watchers has an amazing program that actually works - if you're motivated. I lost 30+ pounds about seven years ago (have since gained it back). I felt amazing! But every time I tried to do the program again, I failed. I'm not sure why...

  • I know I want to run the Flying Pig Half-Marathon. I trained for and run the Cincinnati Heart Mini Marathon in 2001. I felt amazing! But every time I tried to do the training program again, I failed. I'm not sure why...

  • I know I want to get my entire house clean. I did it once - had to take a day off work and work my bum off, but I did it! But every time I try to get the place clean again, I get overwhelmed, distracted, and I fail. I'm not sure why...


This year, 2008, is going to be my year of trying again. I've overcome a lot of bad stuff in the past few years (a badly sprained ankle, car crashes involving deer, etc...), and I'm ready to start fresh. Will I be successful? I think so. I have such a wonderful support system in my friends and family. I have a lot of people in my life who want to see me do well, and who encourage me along the way. It's taken me this long to realize just how many amazing people I have in my life! I'm truly blessed.

So yes. I'm gonna run that half-a-piggy this year, lose the 30 pounds, and get the house clean. And when I'm done, you're all invited over for dinner! But you'll have to clean up after yourselves.

No comments: