Sunday, January 20, 2008

I’m a Mac.

I like the Apple store. It always seems to boost my creative spirit when I shop there, and today was no different.

My Mac was acting weird - abruptly shutting down when I used the battery for more than ten minutes. Plus, whenever I used Photoshop, the computer was soooooo slow. I have an Intel-based Mac, so that shouldn't have been happening.

Friday night, I made an appointment with a Genius, after my Mac abruptly shut down as I was trying to find flights for our upcoming New York trip. I was so glad to talk to someone who knew everything there is to know about Macs, and he FIXED mine!

Apparently, soon after I purchased my MacBook Pro in 2006, a battery recall was issued. I don't know how I would have known about that, but mine had to be replaced today. And I must say, in this day and age, it was so very cool that even though my Mac was out of warranty, the battery was replaced for FREE!

My genius also told me that the reason Photoshop was ungodly slow was because I wasn't running the newest version, which is more compatible with the Intel-based systems. I'm ready to install the upgrade later today.

Anyway, I was so elated at getting something for free that I bought Leopard, the new operating system. It comes in a very cool holographic box! I also bought iLife '08. I can't wait to try out iPhoto's newest features. Apparently I'll be able to create an online, interactive photo album. Stay tuned.

I'm on the road to renewed creativity and fun - as soon as I fully charge my new battery and then drain it.

No comments: