Saturday, January 12, 2008

Making Good on Those Resolutions!

Well, so far, so good! I've discovered that if I actually have a plan, I'm more apt to do the big stuff.

Running the Flying Pig half marathon was kind of intimidating at first. It took planning and writing my training schedule on my calendar to break it all up into manageable steps. Today I ran three miles! My legs felt like lead, but I kept telling myself that it was just a bad day. The next run will be better, and next Saturday, I'll run my four miles and probably be just fine.

I joined Weight Watchers yesterday. My mom and I are going to Friday meetings together. I'm on my way to losing that 30 pounds. It was a shocker to get on that scale and see what I actually weigh, but that step had to happen in order for me to get back on track. I figure I'll be able to run faster once I reach my goal (which should hopefully be around the time of the half marathon).

I also cleaned the bedroom today! I finally got around to putting the laundry away. I dusted, vacuumed, straightened, pitched, and made the bed. It looks nice! Tomorrow, I'm doing the kitchen. One room at a time is very do-able.

Amy said that getting my house clean was a lame new-year's resolution. Well, yeah, kinda, but "clean" means more to me than just vacuuming. To me, it means getting as organized as possible and paring down so that I can enjoy the people and things that mean the most to me... without having to worry about those big projects hanging over my head. I figure if I tackle as much as I can in these cold weekends where I can't do much outside anyway, then come Spring, I'll be able to open all the windows and read a book in the living room , and not have to think about finally getting the bathroom tub re-caulked. I'll finally be able to read all the books on Amy's annual top ten list! Which I would love. :)

No comments: