Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lazy Sunday

It's Sunday night, and I've had a headache ALL weekend long. I haven't had a headache like this in a long time, and I forgot how much they suck. I tried to go to bed early tonight, around 9:30, but by 10, I was still wide awake, pondering my possible future photography career and how to get there.

So I got out of bed, went downstairs, and took a Tylenol PM. Those kinds of pills always make me non-functioning in the mornings, but ultimately, they do help me sleep...

I turned on the TV, and Brothers and Sisters was on. One of the characters (Rebecca) was pondering a career in photography. Does that mean anything? Hmmm... the hall light that I thought was burned out just flickered back on. I think that's a sign.

I think I'm going to buy that new lens soon so I can take more low-light shots. The only thing is, do I want the 85 mm one or the 50mm? And thinking ahead, do I want the Canon EOS 5D or the 40D? I guess I need to make some kind of business plan to figure out what in photography it really is that I want to do. Life's too short to not pursue a dream. I mean, I have an excellent job right now, but I really think I would be happier taking pictures.

In the next few months, I'm going to get some photography books about portraiture, weddings, and alternative processes. Oh, and I guess business plans (the part I hate).

The hall light just went off, and I think the Tylenol PM is kicking in. Must mean it's time to go to bed. But I think I'll finish watching Brothers & Sisters. I still have that damn headache, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was just coincidence that I had looked at the Intelligent Traveler website right before reading yours and came across this beautiful photo.
http://www.intelligenttravel.typepad.com/
Take a look at the post on Feb 22.

Back to the debate! Obama rocks!