Thursday, November 22, 2007

Notes from the Road (and Sky)

November 20, 2007

And we’re off! (L to R: me, mom, Matt Damon, Roman, Aunt Sylvia)












* Skybus food is pretty decent - but pricy.
* Aunt Sylvia puts ice in her bottled water. Instead of pouring the water into the glass with the ice.












* Roman’s sitting next to a guy who’s farting (note giant box of raisins in wall pocket).












* The skybus staff has a good sense of humor












* We have five captains flying on our plane...
* Scott is our main captain, and it's his last day. He thinks that because of this, he doesn’t have to wear regulation gear (note Snoopy shirt).












* We’ve experienced some severe turbulence already. Roman thinks we hit one of Santa’s reindeer.
* There was a woman in the lavatory when we hit said reindeer. I’m sure at her Thanksgiving dinner, she’ll be thankful for not peeing her pants.
* Aunt Sylvia sleeps with Matt Damon.












* Skybus doesn't actually fly into San Francisco - it flies into Oakland. Remember to make car reservations for OAKLAND.
* Matt Damon won’t leave me alone (sexy, my ass. more like stalker)












* Getting to the Golden Gate Bridge from Oakland, without a map, is a bitch.












* The Pelican Inn is a pretty cool place to stay.




































* It’s only 5:30 here, and it’s 8:30 at home. I’m STARVING, an we don’t eat for another hour. Am hoping headache is due to starvation.
* There is no internet access at The Pelican Inn.
* Live musicians who pretend they’re Scottish are interesting.












* Michael’s girlfriend Joclyn (sp?) fits in really well.












* Fish & chips for dinner at almost midnight my time will upset my stomach
* My family is pretty darn cool
* I really need to go to bed! It’s after midnight my time!

No comments: