Sunday, September 16, 2007

Propack Success at the Birthday Party

First of all, in the true spirit of the Emmys, I’d like to thank the creators of ebay. Tonight, I won an auction. I’d like to thank those auction site creators because tonight, I finally completed my set of Crate & Barrel blue-green bowls. I will now have SIX small bowls to accompany the large one. I’d like to thank God, too.

I’m happy to report some ProPack success! I went to a birthday party last night, and in addition to my Nikon P1, I decided to bring the ProPack. I hadn’t used the flash yet, so I thought I’d see how it worked.

The first picture I took was of Christen and Shaun. I turned the flash on for this shot at dusk, and again, the blue lightspots appeared. At that point, I was still a little discouraged. I brought three packs of film with me, and I wanted to keep trying.


The next shot I took was of Greg (the birthday boy) and Steph (the hostess with the mostess), after the sun had set. I pulled the film out, timed it to 60 seconds, opened the print from the opposite end I’d been opening it at, and... no light spots! I continued to take successful shots for the rest of the evening.

My hypotheses (and Roman’s) is that sunlight is somehow sneaking in through the bellows. When I took away the sunlight and only used the flash, all was good. I still need to investigate taking pictures in the daylight (couldn’t do that today because I had a little TOO much fun at the party last night). When this pack of film is all used up, I’ll shine a flashlight around the bellows to try and find holes.

Happy 30th birthday, Greg. I hope somebody doesn’t hit you on the back of the head the next time you do Blue Steel. Or was that Magnum?

1 comment:

Steph said...

Awesome pics- especially that one of Blue Steel.

Hope you can find your bellow-holes. (is that like anthonly poo-holes?)