Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Gonna Get Fit for a Lifetime

Two things that are really important to me are my health and and my fitness. I’ve gone up and down on the scale, and gone from flab to firm to flab so many times in my life. I feel like I’m at an age now where I need to develop some better habits or else. So I joined a new gym. I know what you’re saying... “But you already belong to a gym!” And I do. Now I actually belong to two - the one at work (until I figure out how to quit) and the new one, which I refer to as “The Country Club.”

I joined Lifetime Fitness a couple weeks ago. It’s not only a gym, it’s an exercise resort and spa. The gym at work only cost about three times less than The Country Club, however the work gym doesn’t have a room that spouts hot eucalyptus-scented steam that clenses my pores and refreshes my soul. It also doesn’t have a rock climbing wall. The only thing different between LF and one of those Royal Caribbean cruise commercials is that there’s no ocean. Unless, of course, you count the INDOOR AND OUTDOOR POOLS!!!

I found this place by a fluke. My ex-coworker, Steph, decided she wanted to check the place out at lunch one day, and since I had no plans, I tagged along. They had me at hello.

We took the tour of the place, and I was amazed at how big and clean it was, and how much great stuff was included in the monthly fee! When it came time to deciding whether or not to join, I didn’t hesitate to sign both me and Roman up. Roman’s not a big fan of gyms (he’s an outdoor run lover), but I thought he just might like this place. Turns out he doesn’t think it’s half bad - we’re still in the 30-day, money-back guarantee time period, so we’ll see.

I’ve already taken several of the classes - Cardio Kickboxing, Total Conditioning, Cardio Dance (where it was confirmed that I have absolutely no rhythm), Fitness Yoga, Yoga/Pilates Fusion, and Core. I’ve also swam laps in both the indoor and outdoor pools, experienced the sauna, the steam room, the clean showers and this fabulous machine that dries your bathing suit. I can’t wait to climb the faux rock wall and shoot some hoops.

I love The County Club, and I think I’m gonna develop some good habits for life. And have a lot of fun doing it.

I thought about posting a self portrait in this post, and then another in six months (when I’m all buff), but I don’t do “before” pictures. :)

1 comment:

Steph said...

I wanna quit the gym!!!!!!
But never Lifetime Fitness. NEVER.