Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm Getting A Dutch/French Oven.

I just need help picking a color. I have a favorite, but I'm afraid it may be dated in a couple years. Somehow, I think all the color options may be dated in a couple years.

A ton of recipes I've read call for cooking on the stovetop then moving the food into the oven. I have no tool that can accommodate these recipes. The straw that broke my back came a week & a half ago while trying to make baked beans from scratch. The recipe said it made four servings, so I tripled it. Now... dry beans expand. A LOT. I ended up using three of my Corningware dishes, and I had to tend to the beans very frequently to make sure they stayed moist in the oven.

According to Cook's Illustrated, the best one to get is Le Creuset - the 7.25 quart one. They're pricy, but from the reviews I've seen, they'll outlast me.

So now, the biggest decision of all... COLOR. Cast your votes on the following:



BLACK









CARIBBEAN







CHERRY RED









CHESTNUT








COBALT







DIJON









DUNE








FLAME








KIWI





Ok. Vote!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Caribbean
Kiwi
Flame

my top three picks!

cmykpez said...

I am a sucker for the beautiful Cobalt. Deborah's vote is for Kiwi and I think that's nice, too. I see you picking Flame.

Anonymous said...

Dijon
Flame
Caribbean

In that order. :-)